A Cashier is a retail professional who scans items to ensure prices and quantities are correct, assists those who need help or advice on products, and handles returns and exchanges when necessary.
- Location: 61 North Street Bridgewater, NSB4V 2V7
- Salary: $13.75 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
This Cashier job description sample is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It’s easy to customize with key cashier job duties and responsibilities for your company or retail store.
Cashier responsibilities include:
- Managing transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scanning goods and ensuring pricing is accurate
- Collecting payments whether in cash or credit
We are looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently.
Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how cash registers operate. You should also be available to take evening and weekend shifts occasionally.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- Bag, box or gift-wrap packages
- Handle merchandise returns and exchanges
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Basic PC knowledge
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- High school degree
English or French
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Retail business
- Operate cash register
- Receive payment for goods or services
- Stock shelves and clean counter area
- Greet customers
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Provide customer service
- Participate in promotional activities
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
61 North Street
B4V 2V7 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM